With Azure there are a LOT of limitations and features that are only available on certain platforms or VMs. I thought I would start a definitive list on this post.
- DS Instances can ONLY be created in the Portal site. Use classic deployment option if you need to access them in Classic.
- A Standard Disk can only handle 500 iOPS. Use storage pools to overcome this.
- The maximum size of a VHD is 1TB. If you need a larger volume use storage pools.
- Premium Storage can only be added to DS machines or higher.
- Premium Storage is NOT charged as you use it. The whole disk is charged each month.
- VHD’s use Page Blog Storage and NOT the cheaper blob storage.
- You cannot add a 2nd NIC to a machine once it is built. Additional NIC’s have to be added at the time of VM creation.
- Currently, you cannot have VMs with a single NIC and VMs with multiple NICs in the same cloud service
- Attach a new disk to each DC and turn off Write Cache. Install Domain Data to it.