Since I got my Surface Book, it has been plagued with bugs to do with graphic corruption and hello bugs. Microsoft released some new updates on the evening of the 19th April. I like to be an early adopter so I installed them straight away
Upon installing I got a nice blue screen with the error :
After a reboot the Intel Control Logic update kept failing with the error code 0x800f0203. On the Surface reddit page a Microsoft representative confirmed how to resolve.
- Open the setupapi.dev.log log file from c:\windows\inf.
- Find the error “Failed to install device instance” from your latest retry. The entries are time stamped.
- Above this error it will say which inf file caused the issue. In my case oem90.inf.
- Run “pnputil -d oem90.inf” from an elevated command prompt
- Re-run windows update and install